As the huge cross-government approach to tackling the virus continues to accelerates in the UK, the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport [DCMS] is working with the telecoms industry and the technology supply chain to develop and implement a coordinated response. COVID-19 is changing our working and home lives. Citizens and workers are deploying and testing a wide range of new applications to tackle social isolation, education, well-being and business. Connectivity was never before so vital.
For those in the UK5G network who wish to comment, ask questions, or contribute suggestions please share your ideas on our dedicated COVID-19 Collaboration Exchange. You can also submit them privately to UK5G via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will share all contributions with the DCMS Telecoms Hub. If you wish to engage directly with DCMS on this topic, please contact this email.
In the meantime, apart from the main information about COVID-19 here, UK5G members might be interested to see:
- Mobile UK’s site is summarising the response of the UK Mobile Network Operators here
- techUK is also providing a COVID-19 information hub
- Launch of TechForce19: “NHSX is calling on all innovators who can support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during COVID-19 to apply for government funding of up to £25,000 to test their solution”
- TechNation has initiated a survey to find out how Govt can support Tech Companies and is also pulling together advice and guidance
- Ofcom has provided advice on how households can make the most out of their mobile and broadband networks.