Now 23 members strong, the WG is chaired by John Naylon (AWS) and co-chaired by Professor Adam Beaumont (aql) and co-ordinated by Charlotte Thompson from KTN.
Who’s joined recently?
The group welcomed the following members in September, each representing a project newly funded by DCMS:
- Peter Mildon - COO of Vivacity Labs and lead for 5G Smart Junctions
- Joe Spencer - Project Lead, The University of Liverpool and lead for 5G Liverpool Create
- Dr Aparajithan Sivanathan - leads the 5G Factory of the Future Testbed programme and also heads the digital manufacturing theme at Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
- Dr Kostas Katsaros - Senior 5G Technologist at Digital Catapult, lead delivery partner for 5G Festival
- Doug Williams - BT Project Lead for 5G EdgeXR
Co-chair, Professor Adam Beaumont stated “I’m excited to co-chair this group - to me, it’s about democratising the access to 5G technology to drive innovative use cases. Particularly so if we can leverage the technology to benefit the climate, environment or help society stay safe during the pandemic”.
The WG coordinates progress across all of DCMS funded trials, ensuring that knowledge and relevant outcomes are shared across projects, other UK5G WGs, with DCMS and relevant government departments and Ofcom.
Not familiar with the projects? Simon Rockman, Editor of the UK5G Innovation Briefing, and his team are working tirelessly to bring you an update across all Testbeds & Trials in the next issue of the Innovation Briefing. It will drop through letter boxes in early November. We encourage you to subscribe to receive a free copy.