Through 5G we will demonstrate the key features for successful CAL deployment – the safe and secure operation and handover of the CAV from autonomous mode to remote manual operation (teleoperation) and vice versa, when a situation outside of the autonomous logic of the vehicle arises. This is considered a crucial demonstration of the capabilities of 5G and CAL, and critical for their operation in potential emergency situations, and, it is believed, will represent a world-first innovation.
Project Partners & Expertise:
- North East Automotive Alliance: Project lead
- Sunderland City Council: PMO and Regional Coordination
- Newcastle University: research and dissemination
- StreetDrone: CAV provision and build
- Vantec: Logistics expertise
- Nissan: Site coordination and operational needs
- Coventry University: CAV Cyber Security
- Perform Green: Technical and Quality Assurance, Collaboration Lead
- Connected Places Catapult: Impact Assessment, Evaluation and Dissemination.