In the UK a novel combination of large and small private companies, National & Regional Governments, Innovation agencies, Research Institutions and Universities have been delivering a substantial programme of 5G Innovation projects exploring the real world application of 5G technologies, with the purpose of moving use cases to business cases. The programme has been considered successful and is expanding substantially.
The collaborative innovation landscape within the UK offers an environment where businesses work together with Universities and Government agencies in an open way.
This panel will:
- Briefly cover the current 5G trial programmes in the UK
- Consider the key ingredients needed to accelerate business innovation in telecommunications.
- Give an opportunity for new, exemplar UK companies to tell their experience of developing novel technologies and the role that the UK innovation eco-system played in their growth.
Panellists & Slides
- Ros Singleton (session chair) - Chair of UK5G Advisory Board
- Dritan Kaleshi - Lead Technologist, Future Networks, Digital Catapult
- Jessica Ellis - Head of Urban Connected Communities - 5G Testbeds & Trials Programme, Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- Dr Ramsey Faragher - Founder/CEO, Focal Point Positioning (view slides)
- Vassilis Seferidis – Founder/CEO, Zeetta Networks