5G rollout across the UK has commenced! The IET 5G conference 2020 will celebrate the launch of 5G technology with presentations from high profile speakers, industry leaders and innovators. For the first time, this year the event will provide a platform for industry and academia to showcase their innovations and to demonstrate the capability of their 5G testbed and trials for vertical applications.
Sectors will include:
- Transport and energy
- Medical and Healthcare
- Urban and Rural Applications and Coverage
- Agriculture, Media and Broadcasting
- Industrial IoT
- Satellite Communications
The event will be used to identify the future strategy for 5G technology and kick-off the discussion on the future mobile network technology beyond 5G - that is 6G. The event will provide a valuable opportunity for delegates to meet and interact with stakeholders and researchers in 5G.
Join us for a morning of speakers, followed by an afternoon of interactive demos and a chance to see 5G technology up close!
- Professor Bal Virdee, Chair RF and Microwave TPN
- Dr Mike Short CBE, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department of International Trade
- Dr Kafil Ahmed, RF and Microwave TPN
- Tony Sceales, Head of 5G Programme Development, Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sports
- Professor Dimitra Simeonidou, Director, Smart Internet Lab University of Bristol
- Dritan Kaleshi, Head of 5G Digital Catapult
- Professor Andy Sutton, Principal Network Architect, BT
- Ed King, Principal Architect, BBC
- Dr Reza Karimi, Director at Huawei Technology