This working group will explore the 5G ecosystem, specifically opportunities that 5G can provide into Industry 4.0 with a current focus on manufacturing and logistics, the creative industries sector (including VR and AR, broadcasting and gaming) and to explore the barriers and opportunities of 5G in the rural economy.
The ecosystem is likely to expand rapidly, and business cases are likely to overlap. While we have chosen to focus on a few key areas initially, we expect the ecosystem to be highly interactive and for business cases to emerge which show benefits from using multiple technologies together. The working group will bring together members and stakeholders, and other associations in these sectors the explore the effects 5G will have upon the economy.
Introduction of the working group – Alan Nunn, CGI (Chair)
Identifying the barriers and opportunities of 5G in:
- Industry 4.0 (Manufacturing and Logistics)
- Creative Industries (AR/VR, Gaming, Broadcasting)
- The Rural Economy
- Overall ecosystem management and business cases
Outputs for Discussion:
- Create events around these themes?
- Opportunities for smaller working groups with a unique focus?
- Create reports based around these themes?
PLEASE ENSURE YOU BRING PHOTO ID AS THIS WILL BE REQUIRED TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE BUILDING.