West Midlands 5G (WM5G), in partnership with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), West Midlands Combined Authority and in collaboration with Innovate UK, will invest up to £5 million in innovation projects that develop a new service or product. These must improve road and rail operational efficiency, provide better-connected transport or improve the experience for travellers.
We are running two briefing events to help potential applicants:
- Welcome and introduction to WM5G Limited
- Scope and background to the competition call
- Application process
- 2-minute “pitching sessions” from potential applicants
Register via Eventbrite or using the checkout form below:
Additional information on the 5G- enabled road and rail transport trials in the West Midlands competition call:
Project applications must focus on one of the use cases listed in the specific themes below and be suitable for trialling in the West Midlands using the live 5G environment.
They must demonstrate how 5G is essential to developing your new service or product or offers a significant enhancement compared to current mobile communications.
- Improvements in the operation of roads to reduce congestion and improve safety.
- Improvements in train, tram or bus services to enhance the business operational efficiency or service offered.
- Better joined-up public transport services (bus, train, tram). This will provide more cohesive travel solutions and transport information across the modes of transport, improving the experience for travellers.