About this Event
In support of the upcoming 5G Sectors Testbeds & Trials national competition for the manufacturing and logistics sectors, we will identify how your business can apply for funding for the development of new products, services and experiences, technically and commercially, utilizing 5G. Digital Catapult Northern Ireland and Digital Catapult have partnered with DCMS to deliver this industry event.
As announced by Jeremy Wright in June, this new 5G Sector Testbeds & Trials competition will have £40m available for match-funded projects over the next 2.5 years, representing a great new opportunity for innovation across the manufacturing industries and its UK supply chain. You can read the DCMS press release here.
This is a unique opportunity for companies to learn about 5G capabilities and how they can be used to develop new value propositions that embrace the potential of future disruptive technologies.
By attending the round table, you can expect:
- An overview of 5G and its potential impact in the sectors of manufacturing & logistics.
- It will demonstrate 5G use cases, explain how 5G compares to other connectivity (including but not limited to 4G, LAN and WIFI)
- An introduction to help with the building of consortia that will bid into the upcoming 5G Sector Testbeds and Trials competition.
- Opportunities to answer key questions regarding the application of 5G into the sector and what potential bids for the competition might look like.
Who should attend?
This event will be of benefit to organisations looking to understand 5G in the manufacturing & logistics space. We are seeking a varied audience of senior executives from all sizes of businesses, from startups to large corporates.
• 9.45am Arrivals, networking and coffee
• 10.15am Welcome note & introductions
• 10.45am Project context
• 11.00am 5G analysis report/use cases
• 11.30am 5G Sector Specific Testbeds & Trials funding
• 12.00pm Open discussion: 5G in logistics/manufacturing
• 12.45pm Closing remarks