Join our 5G Telco cloud service orchestration event to learn from industry experts about the evolution of network service management in distributed and federated telco clouds, and the applications of network automation. In addition to seeing live demonstrations of cloud service orchestration.
The Digital Catapult 5G VICTORI team, in collaboration with 5G Factory of the Future group invites you to participate at a forum on the evolution of network network orchestration and its move towards automated and zero-touch networks. Listen to speakers discuss the use of different platforms and witness live demonstrations of the latest technologies.
We will discuss the evolution of network service management in distributed and federated telco clouds with applications of network automation. With demonstrations including examples of solutions such as 5G VIOS, developed as part of the 5G VICTORI project.
Attendees will have the opportunity to experience first hand demonstrations, and learn more about the work being done in an unique pan-European project. Find out about the capabilities of the facilities Digital Catapult can offer companies, and listen to experts discuss the evolution of network service management.
Who should attend
This event is open to everybody but will specifically benefit those involved in improving the management of mobile networks. CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, COOs, innovation and technology leads, operations managers, researchers, developers, and engineering teams. Those in telco orchestration, network system integration, the telecoms network operators, the open source MANO community, 5G-PPP, the Software Networks Working Group, Horizon Europe 5G projects, and ETSI.
About the programme
As part of the pan European 5G VICTORI project, Digital Catapult is leading the design and development of 5G-VIOS, a cross-facility service management platform. 5G-VIOS enables the dynamic interconnection between all the facilities and facilitates multiple parallel trials across testbeds using cross-domain network orchestration techniques. The 5G-VIOS platform also allows site integration using public internet connectivity, supporting large-scale pan-European trials and a significant step towards building a platform for connecting private 5G networks. Uses include remote and distributed factories to optimise distributed line production, enhancing coordination between manufacturing and logistics, such as those being developed for the 5G Factory of the Future project.
- 10:00 Welcome - Kaleshi, Director of Technology – 5G, Digital Catapult
- 10:05 – 10:20 Keynote on Telco Clouds Orchestration - Dr Kostas Katsaros, Lead 5G Technologist, Digital Catapult
- 10:20 – 11:30 Introductory Presentations
- 10:20 – 10:30 Service Orchestration across Multiple Edge sites, Melissa Dore, VP Community, Ori
- 10:30 – 10:40 IBM’s Cloud Pak for network automation – Kevin Denyer, Global Account CTO, IBM
- 10:40 – 10:50 Open Source Mano, Dr Charles Turyagyenda, Lead 5G Technologist, Digital Catapult
- 10:50 – 11:30 Open Discussion chaired by Claire Caminade, Head of 5G Products and Partnerships – 5G, Digital Catapult
- 11:30 – 11:40 Break
- 11:40 – 13:00 Demos (15mins + 5mins Q&A)
- 11:40 – 12:00 VIOS Mark Rouse, Software Developer, Digital Catapult
- 12:00 – 12:20 ORI Global Edge Jose Domingos, VP of Solutions Engineering, ORI
- 12:20 – 12:40 IBM’s Cloud Pak for network automation
- 12:40 – 13:00 OSM Dr Charles Turyagyenda, Lead 5G Technologist, Digital Catapult
- 13:00 – 13:10 Concluding Remarks - Dr Dritan Kaleshi, Director of Technology – 5G, Digital Catapult