Developments in communications technologies will create new use cases in the design management and maintenance of the manufacturing process. Examples include digital twinning, prototyping, remote maintenance, employee training and improved production control, with adoption of these creating effective and rapid returns on investment.
This round table session will introduce several industry innovations in this field before developing a discussion around the potential for these to influence and strengthen Scotland’s manufacturing sector.
- 11.30 Introduction and Welcome.
Paul Coffey CEO S5GC and Joe Pacitti CEO CEED
- 11.40 Presentations:
1. 5G and Real-time XR Collaboration - how 5G will enable for Industry a Myriad of Spatial Computing Use Cases.
Karl Maddix CEO and Founder. Master of Pie
2. Utilisation of AR/VR Applications to Enhance Productivity & User Training Experience within an Industry 4.0 Private 5G Network Environment.
Rob Harlow – Business Development Director - Celona
3. Vodafone Digital Manufacturing Platform
Manufacturing | Industry Expertise | Vodafone UK
4. Deploying AR and VR in an Educational Environment
Dr Neil McDonnel.
5. Satellites, Virtual Reality and Quantum Physics – Science Fiction becomes Manufacturing Reality
RiIOT – David Sime – Co-founder and Director
- 12.30 Panel Discussion
- 12.50 Conclusions and Actions
- 13.00 Close