With the UK on course to have 15 million FTTH connections by 2025, and full fibre penetration by 2033 the race is on to secure investment to deliver this monumental infrastructure challenge.
At the same time new questions emerge as UK Digital Strategy sets broader challenges for the public and private sector to make the most of the opportunities this new digital infrastructure brings.
- How can the UK deliver skills to enable the digital economy to flourish?
- How can we support new digital businesses?
- How can we enable old businesses to deliver digital transformations that will allow them to capitalise on new opportunities?
Connected Britain 2019, whilst continuing to be the best place to understand the regulatory and financial landscape for digital infrastructure investment, will increasingly look to answer these questions.
There will be a renewed focus on the wider implications of UK Digital Strategy for the telecoms industry and beyond, and how we can tackle challenges head on to become a leading player in the digital revolution.
UK5G speakers and sessions of interest:
- Mark Stansfeld, Chair, Worcestershire 5G Consortia Group & Chairman, Giffgaff
- Dimitra Simeonidou, Director Smart Internet Lab & Professor of High Performance Networks, University of Bristol
15% ticket discount for UK5G members: UK5G15