The UK Government’s Supply Chain Diversification Strategy sets out the long-term vision for the telecoms access supply market. The competition and innovations will bring forward new deployment models based on open interfaces and interoperable standards, with flexible networks and comprising an array of suppliers.
DSIT is developing the next phase of Open Network R&D Fund to reinforce the UK as a global centre of excellence in open telecoms networks. The new Open Networks Ecosystem competition will include the following areas:
- Demonstration of product/solution performance in high-density demand (HDD) or live environments
- Development of high-performance hardware and subcomponents
- Open RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC), including x/rApp development.
DSIT wants to encourage industry and academia to develop consortia projects that might take advantage of potential government funding. This pitching event will set out the context and opportunities for funding with presentations by DSIT officials.
UKTIN will be hosting this event on behalf of DSIT to provide an opportunity for potential consortium partners to learn more about the upcoming Open Networks Ecosystem competition, and also to bring together interested parties to aid collaboration opportunities.
We will be inviting a balanced number of participants drawn from various interested businesses and organisations to this event. To register your interest in attending please email us below. We will confirm your attendance as soon as we can and a full agenda will be provided closer to the event.
There will also be the opportunity to live stream the event if you’re unable to attend in person. Register today here.
Participants seeking partners will be able to pitch to one another. The pitches will be recorded and placed on the UKTIN website. Please note here will be a limited number of slots available on the day.
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in pitching
- Each pitch length will be 4 minutes.
- There will be a maximum limit of 4 slides for each pitch, please be concise.
- In your pitch include information on:
- What you’re looking to do if you are proposing a project
- What do you have to offer?
- What and/or who are you looking for?