Digital Catapult has partnered with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to explore opportunities for 5G in the manufacturing sector.
The successful adoption of new technologies into the manufacturing sector depends on the rise of 5G. There is a huge opportunity to use this technology to improve productivity across the manufacturing workforce, to enable digital infrastructure to help streamline operations, and to improve business output.
Digital Catapult is currently undertaking research and analysis into UK industry readiness levels for digitalisation, the opportunities and appetite that 5G technologies present. This series of events will further explore how the logistics and manufacturing sectors can unlock the economic potential of 5G. Further information on the government announcement for the 5G Sector Testbeds and Trials Projects here.
Please note: we are also running a workshop exploring 5G in the logistics industry.
This workshop invites industry players to;
- look at how industry leaders are exploring 5G and future connectivity
- validate the findings of our sector analysis for 5G, ensuring we collectively offer important sector insights and informed advice to the UK Government
- explore use cases for 5G in the manufacturing sector
- help to explore potential Government initiatives for 5G and future connectivity into the manufacturing sector
Who should attend
This event is designed for innovation teams, technologists, managers and executives from the manufacturing sector. Knowledge of 5G is not required, our specialist 5G technologist team will be happy to answer any questions regarding how the technology works and the different phases of deployment. Manufacturing companies that are interested in differentiating themselves in the market through cutting edge technology are particularly encouraged to attend.
Why you should attend
The 5G in the manufacturing sector workshop aims to;
- gather industry insights to validate the analysis and advice being provided to the UK Government
- understand the industry appetite and economic case for intervention using 5G
answer questions that attendees may have regarding the future of UK Government interventions in the 5G space
- allow attendees and industry leaders to network
- highlight what UK Government is planning to ensure the UK continues to strive to be a world 5G leader
10:00 - 10:30 Arrivals, networking, light breakfast and coffee
10:30 - 10:50 Welcome note
10:50 - 11:20 Keynote on 5G and Q&A
11:20 - 11:35 Coffee break
11:35 - 12:15 Keynote: Core findings and implementation programme
12:30 - 1:30 Open discussion: Validation of implementation and research for 5G in manufacturing
1:30 - 1:40 Closing remarks
1:40 - 2:30 Networking lunch will be provided at Digital Catapult