This conference will consider key issues for the development of smart cities and connected places in the UK - and next steps for local and municipal authorities, central government and regulators, and the private sector.
Areas for discussion:
- Infrastructure development to support the development of smart cities in the UK - including telecoms and mobility networks, and addressing planning issues;
- Data handling, treatment, storage and utilisation - and applications for a number of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence, in a smart-city context;
- Delivery of key local services such as waste management, water treatment, healthcare and energy;
- The role of smart city services meeting the challenge of climate change and tackling other environmental concerns such as air quality and noise pollution;
- Fostering wider engagement with citizens and other key stakeholders in the design and implementation of digitised services; and
- Development of local technology economies, including creating the conditions for innovative start-ups and scale-ups, including attracting inward investment.
- Nicola Yates, Chief Executive Officer, Connected Places Catapult
Tony Sceales, Head of Programme Development, 5G Testbeds and Trials, DCMS
Rick Robinson, Director of Smart Places, Jacobs
Stu Higgins, Head of Smart Cities and IoT, UK Public Sector, Cisco