This innovator briefing will present the Made Smarter Technology Accelerator programme, a 12-week acceleration programme designed for startups to develop industry-ready prototypes to some of the most prevalent industrial challenges set by the UK’s leading manufacturers.
The advancement and innovation of technology holds huge potential for manufacturers and the industrial sector. Made Smarter Technology Accelerator is a one of a kind programme designed specifically for the UK’s manufacturing industry to drive innovation across four technology layers: future networks, immersive technologies, artificial intelligence and distributed systems.
The programme enables the UK’s pioneering technology innovation community to join forces with some of the UK’s leading medium and large industrial businesses to develop solutions to industry-set challenges. The programme provides the funding and a platform to produce industry transforming prototypes, proofs of concepts and minimum viable products in order to drive productivity, digitalisation and innovation to push forward the fourth industrial revolution.
About this webinar
- Innovator briefing, how and why join the UK’s industrial-focused technology acceleration programme
- The first in a series of introductory briefing webinars, Digital Catapult and UKRI will introduce the Made Smarter Technology Accelerator Programme: we’ll dive into an overview of the programme and benefits of joining as a startup and provide guidance on how to apply and the selection process. Participants will also be able to ask any key questions they have and understand what success looks like.
This accelerator is a practical, industry-led programme, startups will have the opportunity to join our 12-week prototyping phase and later minimum viable product phase.
Over the course of the programme you will work closely with industry leaders seeking novel services and products addressing:
- Intelligent factory and site management and control
- Intelligent product verification and validation
- Transparent and data-driven procurement
- Digital enabled factory and site workforce
- Resource measurement and analytics
This webinar is part one of a series of two webinars. Digital Catapult will be holding a second challenge briefing webinar on Thursday 14 January 2021.
Applications for the programme open week commencing 4 January and close on Sunday 7 February 2021. Digital Catapult will announce who our leading challenge owners and their challenges w/c 4 January 2021.
Who should attend?
The programme has been designed for advanced digital technology startups and scaleups working with manufacturing companies, or interested in working with the manufacturing sector.
Technologies relevant to this open call are:
- Future networks and advanced digital infrastructure (4G and 5G and the internet of things including; low powered wide area networks, NB-IoT, LIFI etc. including sensors, edge devices, wearables etc.)
- Immersive technologies – Extended reality (virtual, augmented, mixed reality and haptics)
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning (natural language processing, machine vision, deep learning)
- Distributed ledger technologies (Blockchain etc.)
This innovator briefing webinar will provide attendees with the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the Made Smarter Technology Accelerator programme
- Find out more about the current manufacturing and industrial sector, and learn how you could work directly with industrial leaders and technology experts
- Understand how the programme provides a range of benefits including prototype funding, mentorship and workshops to turn your idea from paper to working prototype
- Discover how to apply and how cohorts are selected and what success looks like
A little more info
Registrations for the programme will open early January 2021 - interested innovators can register to attend the event using the link here.
In addition we are currently taking pre-registrations of interest in the programme at madesmartertech.uk
Part of our innovator briefing series:
This webinar is part two in a two series of innovator briefing sessions. Register to join our challenge briefing session on 14 January 2021 here.