The UK Space Agency, European Space Agency (ESA) and DCMS are collaborating on a funding call for the development of terrestrial and space technologies in support of the UK’s logistics sector. The funding call – “Space and 5G convergence: Transport & Logistics” – is due to close on 15 December 2020. It is open for companies to submit ideas for demonstration projects focusing on the development and pilot of sustainable downstream services addressing UK Government’s priorities in the logistics sector.
Recognising Scotland’s strengths in these technologies, significant interest is expected.
To help coordinate this interest the Scotland 5G Centre has organised an information and development session with representatives from the UK Space Agency, ESA and the logistics industry on 28 September 2020.
- Introduction and Welcome – Paul Coffey, CEO, The Scotland 5G Centre
- The Project Opportunity. Introduction and information session with UK Space Agency/DCMS
- Worked examples of advanced 5G logistics – Urban mobility, 5G Transport, Smart Ports.
- Open Discussion on potential projects in Scotland
- Agreement on formative consortia and collaborative actions