5G MEDIA SERVICES
The FLAME 5G service delivery platform allows media services to be placed deep in the network, in metro datacenters and at the very edge of the network in urban street cabinets. Because FLAME knows where services and content are and where they need to be, content and service requests can be routed to the best possible network location, ensuring the right content is served to consumers from the best place in the network in the quickest time. These decisions are fast and driven by where, when and how consumers want to interact with augmented reality, virtual reality and video.
Challenge 1 - Broadcast:
Participatory media presented by VRT
Imagine everyone is a broadcaster participating in the co-creation of urban digital stories. Can you find solutions to localised production and distribution using edge interaction patterns where the infrastructure and resources more closely aligns with the communication needs to consumers? Can you do this within the intelligent edge without requiring public clouds and backhaul networks?
Challenge 2 - Gaming:
Storytelling and gaming presented by Disney Research
Urban spaces provide great opportunities to play and learn. Can you create new experiences using urban gaming and augmented reality technologies that transform the way citizens are engaged in culture and with each other? Can you create a solution that will be used in places all around the world?
- 4 day urban hacking event with training, hacking and hands-on public trials in Bristol
- Developers, engineers, designers and many more creative minds working on the latest technologies
- Top international speakers from creative industries and technology companies
- Participants from all over the world (UK, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, and many more)
- 1st place - Vouchers to the value of £1000 and opportunity to present in FLAME show
- 2nd place “Creativity” - Vouchers to the value of £500
- 2nd place “Technology” - Vouchers to the value of £500
For further information on hackathon entry and delegate info, visit the ICT Flame website.