This event from the CW Enhanced Mobile Broadband Group will explore the reality and vision for xHaul transport networks in the future.
ABOUT THE EVENT
The paradigm shift towards RAN virtualisation and the disaggregation of the RAN functional components creates a new xHaul concept (including fronthaul, mid-haul and backhaul). The fronthaul requirements for the transport network are significantly more stringent, including higher data rates, reliability, low latency, and synchronisation compared to the backhaul. During this event, we will discuss the reality and vision for xHaul transport networks to utilise heterogeneous transmission links, such as fibre or wireless to interconnect remote radios, data centres for edge compute processing and the mobile core networks.
- Simon Fletcher - CTO, Real Wireless
- Caroline Gabriel - Co-founder and Research Director, Rethink Technology Research
- Anthony Magee - Senior Director, Global Business Development, ADVA
- Iris Barcia - COO, Keima
- Roberto Kompany - Principal Analyst, Omdia
- Peter Love - 4G/5G Densification Architect, Nokia
- Andy Sutton - Principal Network Architect, BT