UK5G’s mission is to Educate, Collaborate and Innovate.
Roughly speaking a digital twin is a virtual model that duplicates a physical entity (a bridge, a farm, a device, an infrastructure) - something similar to what we use as an emulator in telecom but more complete and closer to the physical duplicate. With AI and data in place, digital twin can leverage real data on a virtual model and operate it as if it is the physical one, to test service deployment or prevent fault, for example. Digital twin can be widely used in construction, health care, IIoT... IET has a recent issue focusing on the digital twin technology and the ideas there are fascinating.
techUK have started to do a monthly podcast and this months topic is on Digital Twins. It is presented by Matthew Evans, Director of Market Programmes at techUK, and focuses on the technologies behind and possibilities for digital twins. It considers what a national ‘Brit-twin’ would deliver and talk to Peter van Manen at Frazer-Nash, Sarah Hayes at the National Infrastructure Commission, Kevin Reeves at Costain, David Cuckow from the BSI and Mattheiu Francoz at Dassault Systemes about how we can get there.
It's free to access and I hope you find it informative.
· As networks become virtualized, disaggregated and sliced with capacity and processes being dynamically allocated from the core to the edge attempting to plan, model and optimize becomes a complex and costly challenge. The “5G Network Digital Twin” is an emulated software replica of the physical network allowing continuous testing, configuring, optimizing and what-if scenarios to efficiently and proactively model, validate and assure the living network.
· Digital Twins are not a new concept and have been used in aeronautics, manufacturing and building design to help simulate complex systems.
· As 5G moves us from being a physical network to a living system it is time to embrace the Digital Twin to transform CSPs operational cycles and enable future 5G industries:
· Industry 4.0 Smart Factories to help model mission critical and ultra-reliable communication scenarios across the factory floor.
· Automotive to help simulate future C-V2X & CAV uses cases enabling virtual drive testing reducing the physical mileage driven on roads and test tracks.
· Government/Uni research facilities to provide “mega” capacity 5G test beds to prototype the future and security of digital economies
digital twin is a visualising process . which duplicates a physical entity
it is very complicated and very hekpful to create a new future
TV Repair Services
- Dubai’s leading multy brand TV rapair company. Get best price on tv repairing,
Effective and at the nominal prices . Get your tv repaired by our expert technicians .
I have actually written an article to answer this exact question:
Hope that helps!
Already got an account? Log in to post a comment