This involves actively promoting all parts of the 5G lifecycle and ecosystems:
- Steering the European research agenda and program implementation in the area of 5G and beyond to maximize the impact, coordination and exploitation of results.
- Driving the Digital transformation through leverage and development of 5G technology
- Facilitating convergence of telecommunications and vertical industry sectors (“verticals”) to create a Europe wide 5G ecosystem.
- Ensure the EU’s support/enforcement of the required policies and regulations to embrace 5G in the various vertical sectors in Europe
- Promote the availability of radio spectrum, as well as a holistic standardization roadmap with the aim of reaching a globally harmonized and interoperable 5G communications standard
- Ensure a clear European voice on 5G
- Develop a Europe wide 5G ecosystem, embracing research, standardization and development by involving academia, telecoms industry and verticals
- Represent the Private side of the 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP)
- Contribute to EU Digital Transformation programs and Horizon Europe strategic objectives leveraging 5G evolution
The 5G IA is also representing the Private (Industry) side in the European H20202 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP) where they provide the business dimension on top of the technical work from European Research to facilitate faster uptake of the results.