Digital Catapult supports and promotes digital innovation and transformation to drive growth in the UK economy.
We bridge the gap between research and industry to help UK businesses deliver smarter, faster and more efficient solutions and open up new markets. Our innovation programmes and facilities foster innovation and speed up the adoption of advanced digital technologies, helping UK businesses compete globally.
In the last five years we have:
- Contracted with 25 corporate businesses
- Engaged with over 2000 SMEs and tech startups
- Won collaborative R&D projects with 11 UK universities
- Collaborated with 14 international universities
- Built three successful regional centres with LEP, University and local
- business partners
- Joined 16 European wide R&D consortia
- Hosted over 30 international delegations
We promote early adoption in two key ways:
We connect large established companies, startup and scaleup businesses and researchers to discover new ways to solve big challenges in the manufacturing and creative industries. Through this collaboration businesses are supported to develop the right technologies to solve problems, increase productivity and open up new markets faster.
We provide physical and digital facilities for experimentation and testing that would otherwise not be accessible for smaller companies.
As well as breaking down barriers to technology adoption for startups and scaleups, our work de-risks innovation for large enterprises and uncovers new commercial applications in immersive, future networks, and artificial intelligence technologies.
Digital Catapult Testbeds & trials
5PRING is the UK’s first 5G commercial application accelerator. Learn more...
- Started on: 27 Mar 2020
- Lead by: West Midlands 5G