The need for mass indoor small cell deployments to provide sufficient capacity has been overhyped for GSM, 3G and currently LTE networks, but has failed to materialise. Small cells seem to be growing in size and moving outside, while their numbers remain small, so what will make it different for 5G? Discussing this subject was:
- David Fittall - Radio Evolution Manager at O2 (Telefónica UK), "Small Cells: An MNO View"
- Trevor Gill - Consultant, Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS), "Small Cells for Urban Connected Communities"
- Peter Love - Densification Principle Architect for Nokia Networks, Nokia, "A path to urban 5G small cells"
- Simon Saunders - Principal, Google
- Paul Senior - CTO, Airspan, CEO, Dense Air
- Matt Yardley - Partner, Analysys Mason, "Laying the foundations for 5G deployment in the UK"
Find out more about the CW Small Cell SIG here.